Research on mobile ltd (the “Company”/“we”) is committed to implement continuous security measures to protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal and financial data and information.
For the conduct of surveys via its website and through third parties’ applications, the Company may collect personal and financial data and sensitive information, while maintaining utmost confidentiality. The types of data and information we may request include but are not limited to the title, address, name, email address, date of birth, gender, family information and financial information related to income.
This information may be used:
- To communicate with you;
- To communicate the anonymous survey results to our customers;
- To send you important information regarding the site and changes to terms of service.
- To allow you to participate in surveys and promotions;
- For data analysis, audits, developing and enhancing the Company’s products and services, and developing the site;
- For identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
Such information shall not be disclosed to third parties except in the following cases:
- Your consent is obtained.
- For the purpose of communicating survey results to our customers in which case the Company conducts a thorough due diligence on that third party and takes all appropriate steps to ensure that the third party undertakes strict controls to ensure the confidentiality of the data and the personal information.
- The Company is complied to do so, to comply to a judicial or regulatory order under applicable laws and regulations.
- If we sell our business or assets, your personal data may be provided to the prospective purchaser’s advisers with appropriate legal protections and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
When you take our e-surveys or request an e-survey we may collect information that does not reveal your explicit identity or does not directly relate to a person, such as but not limited to:
- Browser and device information: MAC address, operating system version, internet browser type, IP address, etc.
- We use google analytics in order to track and obtain details of our website’s traffic. To stop Google Analytics from collecting your usage data whilst on the Website, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The Company takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Company’s website, your information is protected both online and offline. The Company shall apply adequate security measures on its systems (such as access permissions, anti-virus software…) to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of your data and personal information. The Company shall also ensure that external parties who have access to the data maintain strict controls and confidentiality.
The Company shall implement the following security measures:
- On e-services in general:
- Encrypted data transmitted to the Company’s servers, thus making it unreadable as it flows over the internet.
- On mobile services:
- Remote data wipe, which can be executed remotely by the Company or by yourself if the phone is lost or stolen. This action wipes the mobile application data as well as the keys used to encrypt said data and information.
The Company may provide links to third party websites, such as merchants or service providers. If you follow links to websites not affiliated or controlled by the Company, you should review their privacy and security policies and their terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of the Company’s sites. The Company is not responsible for and does not guarantee the security or privacy of these websites, including the completeness, accuracy, or reliability of the information published thereon.
The Company highly recommends you to carefully read and follow the below guideline:
- Be aware of Social engineering"
- Social engineering is a technique used to manipulate people into performing actions or divulging confidential information by ticking or misleading them to bypass security measures and tools. The purpose is to gather confidential information from people through phone, email, regular mail, unsolicited text messages (SMS) or direct contact and use this information in illegal activities such as committing fraud, gaining unauthorized access to systems, etc.
- On e-Services in general:
- Make sure your device is set to automatically lock itself out after not being used for a specified period of time.
- Do not leave the device in question unattended during a valid session.
- Do not store personal or other sensitive information on your device. It is also recommended that you regularly delete the browser history, text messages and files from your device.
- Immediately contact Company if you suspect having been hacked, or having responded to a fraudulent or phishing email. Fraudulent emails are emails that appear as if originating from the Company.
- Make sure you do not enter your personal details on any unsecured website nor reply to suspicious emails asking for personal information.
- Never click on embedded links inside emails originating from unknown or suspicious source.
- Always check the identity and security level of the website you are using.
- Verify that the website address (URL) is secure: The letter “s” in “https” confirms that the site is fully secure.
- Make sure you see the “security lock” icon on the webpage next to the URL and click on it to check the website’s identity.
- Avoid using e-services on public computers.
The Company ensures compliance with the GDPR law, and the Lebanese law 81 dated October 10, 2018 with respect to electronic services and the collection and processing of personal data.
In the event of data breach, the Company shall notify you after first becoming aware of said data breach.
If you are a resident or citizen of a country in the EEA, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data.
- have your personal data erased, corrected or restricted if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right under certain circumstances to request deletion of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- make a complaint at any time to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the data protection regulator so please contact us in the first instance.